About the Institute-
The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, formerly National Institute for Advanced Legal Studies, is a public law school located in Kochi, India for undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate legal education. It is one of the autonomous law schools in India.
Organized by -Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Law Reforms (CPSLR),NUALS
The Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Law Reforms (CPSLR) under the National University of Advanced Legal Studies is an endeavour of the University to make the legislation more effective for social transformation and to achieve social justice by equitable administration of law.
The Center is conducting an International Seminar on “Liberty”. The idea of liberty for an individual can depend on a variety of factors and one’s background. It can stem from social issues like class and caste struggle and economic aspects like labour movements and freedom from crony capitalism. It can even branch out into environmentalism and gender studies.Attaining liberty for an individual or a class of individuals is the center of various political, philosophical and theological doctrines as well. With these sub-themes in mind, make your voices heard at this seminar which will provide an equitable and unbiased representation of all opinions relating to liberty.
The conference will end with the release of a flagship Kochi Declaration on Liberty.
- Liberty as a Jurisprudential Concept
- Liberty and the Political State
- Liberty and Law
- Liberty and Democracy
- Liberty and Justice: Social, Economic and Political
- Liberty and Majoritarianism
- Liberty and Gender
- Liberty and the Individual
- Liberty and Trade
- Liberty and Peace
- Liberty and Society
- Liberty and Science
- Liberty and the Arts
- Liberty and Religion
- Liberty and Human Rights
- Liberty and Freedom
- All research papers shall be subject to the scrutiny of anti-plagiarism software and the approval of the Editorial Board.
- Selected quality research papers will be published in the form of a book with ISBN Number.
- The research paper should be thematic, and identification of sub-themes is highly appreciated.
- It should have proper research questions and should also reflect the findings. The research papers preferably not less than 5000 words.
- It must be typed in Times New Roman Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1″ margin on all sides with 1.5 line spacing using MS Word application.
- Footnotes should follow the Blue Book citation.
- Endnotes are not allowed.
- There should be a brief profile of the author with E-mail ID, contact number and address.
The research paper should be sent to anielnair[at]gmail.com
The abstract must contain district title, identify the sub-theme, the name, affiliation, e-mail ID and phone number of the author(s). The maximum word limit is 300.
- Submission of Abstracts: 15th April 2020
- Approved Abstract Notification: 20th April 2020
- Submission of Registration: 30th April 2020
- Submission of Full Paper: 25th May 2020
Prof. Dr. Anil Nair,Associate Professor,NUALS
Contact no.- +91-9446899008