About ‘Constitution@ 70’………
Indian Constitution completed seventy years of its existence on 26 November 2019. The period of seventy years has been a mix of glorious and inglorious developments. The Govt. of India and state governments have drawn up an elaborate plan to mark the 70 anniversary of the adoption of the Constitution. The plan includes a year-long awareness campaign across the country on the constitutional rights of the citizens and mandatory reading of the preamble to the constitution by all central and state government officials. Hidayatullah National Law University has also planned to acknowledge the contribution of framers of the Constitution and to revisit the prominent values of the Constitution and its complexities in the contemporary era. The University has decided to celebrate the 70 anniversary of the Constitution with year-long programs under the banner “Constitution @ 70.” In this series of programme, the University invites quality research papers from the judges, academicians, advocates, law students and research scholars on the given themes. The selected research papers would be published in the form of an edited book.
The research papers by the author(s) must be strictly original, in conformity with the broader theme of “Constitution @ 70”. A suggestive list of topics has been provided below; however, authors are free to include any issue(s) within the main theme.
· Constitution and Constitutionalism
· Constitution and the Judiciary
· Constitution and Gender
· Constitution and Human Rights
· Constitution and Federalism
· Constitution and the Bar
· Constitution and the Non-citizens
· Constitution and Media
1. Manuscripts should be within 5000-8000 words.
2. Co-authorship of papers (maximum two) between individuals from the same or different institutions is allowed.
3. The manuscripts must be highly analytical wherein the author(s) arrive at a definite conclusion on the subject-matter at hand.
4. Each manuscript must contain an abstract of not more than 250 words. This is inclusive of the above-mentioned word limit of 5000-8000 words.
5. Citations must conform to the standards laid down in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20 edition).
6. Submissions must use only footnotes as a form of citation.
1. Font Type and Size of the main text must be Times New Roman, 12.
2. Font Type and Size of footnotes must be Times New Roman, 10.
3. Line Spacing of the main text and footnotes must be 1.5, Single respectively.
4. Use of Headings and Sub-Headings is encouraged. Headings and Sub-Headings should be numbered, should be of the same font type and size as the main text and should be in bold.
How to Submit?
1. Authors are requested to send their original, unpublished submissions in .doc/.docx format email : firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The name of the file must contain the Name of the Author (s) + Title of Submission
3. The submissions must be accompanied by a covering letter bearing the following information:
· Full Name of the Author(s)
· Name of the Institution (if any)
· Contact Details of the Author(s)
4. Last Date for Submission of full paper: 20.12.2020
· The submissions should be original work of the authors and must not be published elsewhere. Submissions with plagiarized content and copyright issues will be rejected outrightly.
· By sending the submissions to the Hidayatullah National Law University, the author(s) assign exclusive copyright in the work to University. It shall be entitled to, without limitation, publish and reproduce the submission (or part(s) thereof) in any manner it sees fit (with due acknowledgement to the author) subject to the doctrine of fair use as enumerated under the Copyright Act.
· The editors reserve the right to edit the submissions (or part(s) thereof) for publication without permission from or further notice to the author.
· After initial screening, short-listed submissions will go through a double-blind peer-review process and the final selection will be based on that procedure.
For any queries, feel free to contact:
Mr. Jeevan Sagar, Assistant Professor of English and Coordinator HNLU Press
Mobile : +91 99930 85712
To Download the Official Brochure, Click Here