Uttaranchal Power Corporation Ltd. was created on the 1st April 2001 after the de-merger from UPPCL (erstwhile UPSEB) catering to the Transmission & Distribution Infrastructure in the Uttaranchal born on 9th November 2000 as the 27th State of India & 10th Himalayan State of the country.
About the Job Opportunity
Online Applications are invited from eligible candidates for appointment to the various positions in Uttarakhand Power Corporation Ltd.
Please Note: This post only caters to law students/graduates/professionals/academicians. For other roles and their details, refer to the official notification.
Number of Vacancies
Law Officer: 02
- General: 01
- SC: 01
- The applicant must have thorough knowledge of Hindi in Devanagri script.
- Applicant should be Graduate in Law from a recognized institute of repute with minimum 5 years of experience in the Legal Department of a PSU/organization/as Practicing lawyer (after registration in Bar Council) and having experience of dealing with various Consumer Related Matters in Consumer Forums/ Regulatory Commission Service Tribunal/ Labour Court/various Courts etc.
Roles & Responsibilities
Incumbents would be responsible to provide assistance in all legal matters specifically related to The Electricity Laws, The Contract Act, The Consumer and Labour Laws, finalization of Deeds, Agreements, PPA, Legal matters related to Electricity Regulatory Commission/ Ombudsman/Electricity Appellate Tribunal, cases in Hon’ble Supreme/High Court Consumer Courts, and other duties assigned by the Management from time to time.
Subjective & objective Written Examinations in the concerned subjects followed by Interviews of Shortlisted candidates on the basis of qualifying criteria
The Qualifying Criteria:
- 40% marks for General, OBC & EWS Category,
- 30% for SC & ST Category in both the papers separately) in the written examination.
- There will be a negative marking/reduction of % mark for each incorrect answer.
- No marking will be given for un-attempted question(s)
Paper-I: Bilingual objective type is written test paper for a duration of 1.30 hour of 100 marks having 100 Questions on Law subjects viz. The Electricity Laws, The Contract Laws. The Consumer & The Labour Laws, The General Laws etc & General Awareness.
Paper-II: Bilingual Subjective written test paper for a duration of 2 hours of 100 marks on Essay writing on Law Subjects viz. The Electricity Laws, The Contract Laws, The Consumer & The Labour Laws. The General Laws etc
- Rs. 800/- only for General/OBC/EWS candidates
- Rs 400/- only for SC/ST Category of Uttarakhand State
How to Apply?
The advertisement & online application format shall be hosted on the UPCL website or GBPUAT’s website.
The Candidate will have to submit their application online and get a printed application of the same which shall be submitted to GBPUAT along with documents & fee receipt to Coordinator (Test & Selection), Lambert Square Guest House, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar, District. Udham Singh Nagar-263145, Uttarakhand.
- For Official Website of UPCL, Click Here
- For Official Website of GBPUAT's, Click Here
- For Official Notification, Click Here
- To Apply, Click Here
MyLawman is now on Telegram (t.me/mylawman) Follow us for regular legal updates. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter or join our whats app group .You can also subscribe for our Newsletter for Email Updates. Although we always try to maintain the accuracy and coorectness of the post but MyLawman does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff and submission form