About the NITI Aayog Internship Scheme
NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India), Government of India had initiated an Internship Scheme in 2015. This Scheme seeks to engage students pursuing UG/Graduate/PG Degrees or Research Scholars enrolled in recognized universities/Institutions within India or abroad.
The internship had been kept on hold in the wake of the pandemic and has now been reopened for the students, with a revised scheme.
About the Internship Opportunity
The interns shall be given exposure to various Verticals/Divisions/Units within NITI Aayog and would be expected to supplement the process of analysis within NITI Aayog through empirical collection and collation of in-house and other information.
The online application link will be open from 1st to 10th of every month.
The candidates who have applied earlier for the month of March 2019 on-wards are requested to reapply for the internship as per the latest guidelines.
Duration of Internship
The period of the internship shall be at least six weeks but not exceeding six months.
Interns not completing the requisite period will not be issued any certificate.
Bonafide students of any recognized University/ Institution within India or abroad, fulfilling the following conditions are eligible to apply for the internship:
- UG students, having completed/appeared in the term-end exams of second year/4th semester of the bachelor degree course and secured not less than 85% or equivalent marks in 12th class.
- Graduate students having completed/ appeared in the term-end exams of first-year/2nd semester of their post-graduate program or persuing research/Ph.D. and secured not less than 70% or equivalent marks in Graduation.
- The students who have appeared in the final exam or just completed Graduation/PG and waiting for admission for higher studies may also be considered for internship provided that they have secured 70% or more cumulative marks in all the years/semesters of their graduation/ post-graduation till the date of application.
- The period between the month of declaration of result of the final exam and the desired month of the internship should not exceed six months e.g. if the result is declared in the month of June then he/she can apply for the internship beginning til1 the month of December.
How to Apply?
- The interested applicants may apply online only on the website of NITI Aayog during the period between the 1st to 10th of every month.
- The application can only be made six months in advance but not later than 2 months before the month in which the internship is desired.For example, if any applicant wants to join an internship program that is commencing in the month of Apr-19 then he/she can apply from the month of Oct- 18 to Feb- 18. The application will be valid for the desired month.
- Applicants must also clearly indicate the area of interest.
- Please Note: A candidate can apply for an internship only once during a financial year.
- The selected applicant has to produce original mark sheets and NOC from the college/institution at the time of joining, failing which his/her candidature shall be canceled. (Format given in Annexure ‘C’ of the official notification).
MyLawman is now on Telegram (t.me/mylawman) Follow us for regular legal updates. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter or join our whats app group .You can also subscribe for our Newsletter for Email Updates. Although we always try to maintain the accuracy and coorectness of the post but MyLawman does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff and submission form