About the Karnataka High Court
The Karnataka High Court officially known as Karnataka Uccha Nyayalaya is the High Court of the Indian state of Karnataka. It is located in Bangalore, the capital city of Karnataka. It was previously called the High Court of Mysore.
The Hon’ble High Court of Karnataka was established in the year 1884.
About the Job Opportunity
The Hon’ble High Court of Karnataka is looking for 19 Law Clerks-cum-Assistants on an honorarium basis and this has been approved by the High Court and the Government.
Roles and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant are:
- Reading of case files, preparation of the case including case summary and notes and chronology of events;
- Identifying facts and issues and questions that may arise or may have to be addressed;
- Presence in the Court during the hearing of cases, taking notes of arguments and citations;
- Research work on case law, books, and articles for the purpose of assisting the Judge in the preparation of judgments; and
- Assisting the Judge to prepare speeches and academic papers.
20,000/- (Rupees Twenty Thousand only) per month
Term of Engagement
The term of assignment shall be one year from the date of report to duty which is subject to extension by the High Court of Karnataka/Government.
Who can Apply?
- Must possess a Degree in Law granted by a recognized University established by Law in India with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks
- Must not have completed the age of 30 years as on the last date of application
- Must have enrolled as an Advocate in Karnataka State Bar Council
- Must have knowledge of the operation of computers
- A Committee of Hon’ble Judges constituted by Hon’ble the Chief Justice will select the candidates on the basis of academic record, achievements in co-curricular activities, and performance in the interview.
- If there are a large number of applicants, candidates will be short-listed for interviews on the basis of academic records and achievements in co-curricular activities.
- The applicants whose applications are in order shall be considered for calling for viva. (Candidates called for viva-voce will have to appear for the same at their own cost).
How to Apply?
Applications along with the relevant self-attested documents should reach the Registrar General, High Court of Karnataka, Bengaluru on or before 29th May 2021.
The cover containing the application shall be superscribed as: “Application for Selection to the post of Law Clerk – cum – Research Assistants”
Note: The application format and the documents to be attached are mentioned in the official notification.
May 29th, 2021
For Official Notification, Click Here
MyLawman is now on Telegram (t.me/mylawman) Follow us for regular legal updates. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter or join our whats app group .You can also subscribe for our Newsletter for Email Updates. Although we always try to maintain the accuracy and coorectness of the post but MyLawman does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff and submission form