About the Fellowship
Ahimsa Fellowship envisions the empowerment of compassionate individuals to attain proficiency in animal protection advocacy. A comprehensive leadership training program has been designed to bolster the capacity of fellows to emerge as effective animal advocates. Leveraging knowledge and training, Ahimsa Fellows will propel animal advocacy to pursue constructive implementation of animal protection laws with the State Governments and District Administration.
This fellowship has been supported by:
- Humane Society International, India
- Kaivalya, A Piramal Foundation Initiative
10 Month Residential Fellowship Program
Objective and Description
The Animal Protection Movement in India requires trained professionals who can become welfare-leaders across States and Districts.
The Ahimsa Fellowship Program aims at creating a network of effective animal welfare leaders adept at working closely with State Governments and District Administrations to enforce animal protection laws in India.
Animal welfare can be achieved if trained professionals assist the Governments in fulfilling their statutory duties vide systemic apparatuses like State Animal Welfare Boards, Societies For The Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Infirmaries, Slaughterhouse Monitoring Committees, Animal Birth Control Monitoring Committees, etc.
Fellows will be intensively trained to understand in-depth the existing legal and policy regime. This will facilitate their leadership in advocacy efforts towards securing and implementing favorable animal welfare policies.
Who can Apply?
- A Graduation degree in any discipline
- Good communication skills (English and a second local language
- Passion for animal welfare/rights
- Persistence, lateral thinking, innovation, team player
- Between 22 and 35 years old
- Be available to attend the full 10 Month duration of the program
Shortlisted candidates will be screened for an interview.
- Applications Open: March 22, 2021
- Applications Closed: May 10, 2021
- Final Selection of Fellows: June 1, 2021
- Induction of Fellows (10 Days Residential Workshop at New Delhi): June 15, 2021
MyLawman is now on Telegram (t.me/mylawman) Follow us for regular legal updates. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter or join our whats app group .You can also subscribe for our Newsletter for Email Updates. Although we always try to maintain the accuracy and coorectness of the post but MyLawman does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff and submission form