Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products provide a 360-degree view of the customer, are ready to go, easy to use, and offer a quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, USA, Freshworks 2,000+ team members work in offices throughout the world. Freshworks has global offices in India, Singapore, Australia, UK, Netherlands, France, and Germany. The company counts over 220,000 businesses in its customer-for-life community around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba, Sling TV, and Cisco.
Freshworks (formerly Freshdesk) was founded by Girish Mathrubootham, in the year 2010.
What is a SaaS Startup?
SaaS companies are organizations that use software to provide customers with a service. These businesses create, develop, host, and update the product themselves. SaaS businesses have immediate access to an unrestricted global market and can scale without increasing product delivery costs.
About the Role
Freshworks is seeking a highly-motivated and enterprising counsel to join the Freshworks Legal Team. You will assist Freshworks in applying for Patents, Trademarks and advise on open source licensing. You will be mentored by senior counsels and work closely with product & engineering teams.
- Draft /assist in drafting/work with external consultants to draft Patent Claims
- File trademarks across the globe and managing the existing trademark portfolio.
- Review and finalize license agreements.
- Advising on open source licenses and conducting audits to verify compliance.
- Research on IP issues relevant to the SaaS industry.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams in understanding innovative features in the products.
- Assist the Regional Counsel in briefing and managing external consultants where specialist advice is required.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in technology and law (both) with demonstrated excellent academic performance.
- 6-9 years of experience as an IP attorney in a reputable business law firm, or in-house experience with the legal department preferably in a multi-national company
- Sound knowledge of IP laws. Preference to those who have good understanding/experience of working with USPTO
- Strong knowledge of basic principles of contract drafting, review, and negotiation with an ability to provide practical and well-reasoned solutions
- Good understanding/experience in Privacy
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English (both written and oral)
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Must be fluent in MS office and comfortable with new technology
- Responsive and follows through on commitments
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
MyLawman is now on Telegram (t.me/mylawman) Follow us for regular legal updates. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter or join our whats app group .You can also subscribe for our Newsletter for Email Updates. Although we always try to maintain the accuracy and coorectness of the post but MyLawman does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff and submission form