About Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered PLC is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London, England. It operates a network of more than 1,200 branches and outlets across more than 70 countries and employs around 87,000 people.
It is a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Strategy: Awareness and understanding of the firm’s business strategy and model appropriate to the role e.g. approach to prioritization of negotiations, compliance with relevant regulation and the internal operational risk framework, relevant IT support strategy.
- Business: Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic, regulatory, and market environment in which the firm operates.
- Processes: Continuous review of all daily processes to improve the service provided and enhance controls,
- People and Talent: Lead through example and foster the appropriate culture and values,
- Set the appropriate tone and expectations and work in collaboration with business, risk and control partners,
- Support the provision of ongoing training and development of people,
- Risk Management: Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling, and mitigating risks to the firm relevant to the role, etc
- Governance: Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the firm’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight, and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas,awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role,
- Regulatory & Business conduct: Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct, etc.
- Key Stakeholders: Regional heads of Corporate & Institutional Banking, Financial Markets Sales, Credit, Margin Operations, Compliance, Tax.
- Other Responsibilities: Support Here for Good and Group’s brand and values
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business, or Functional policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of master agreement documentation typically entered into by the Bank.
- Strong understanding of legal risks associated with master agreement documentation.
- Ability to work with stakeholders situated in other jurisdictions to negotiate master agreement documentation as efficiently as possible within agreed risk parameters.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and conflicting priorities
- English language completely fluent and strong communication skills.
MyLawman is now on Telegram (t.me/mylawman) Follow us for regular legal updates. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter or join our whats app group .You can also subscribe for our Newsletter for Email Updates. Although we always try to maintain the accuracy and coorectness of the post but MyLawman does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff and submission form