Kindly go through our Plagiarism Policy, Referencing Guidelines and Formatting Guidelines before submitting your manuscripts. Please note that we accept only original work (it is fine if you have published it somewhere else, just let us know). We expect our contributors to adhere to the highest levels of academic honesty and ethics.
We understand that new ideas and views are formed and inspired while reading and understanding other’s ideas and views. It is therefore important to acknowledge the inputs and insights that an earlier work might have lent to your work. We at Lexpress condemn any manner of academic theft and plagiarism. We specifically condemn the following:
- A verbatim copy of another’s work without acknowledgement.
- Close paraphrasing of another’s work without acknowledgement.
We also discourage extreme referencing with no or very little input from the author.
Referencing GuidelinesIt is important to note that if in a particular work you have not referred to any previous work and it is only a narration of incidents or your own views and opinions on an incident or subject, then no referencing would be required. However, if you have taken help of earlier work/s or your article builds on or discusses another’s work then referencing would be mandatory. Please use the same style of referencing for the complete work. Following are the famous referencing styles used worldwide.
At LAWMAN we prefer the ILI Citation Style for referencing styles. Please include a bibliography at the end of your manuscript, listing out your references.
- Font Size and Type. Font for text all throughout the paper should be 12-pt., Times New Roman.
- Spacing. Double-space for the whole document, including appendices, footnotes, tables and figures (if any). For spacing after punctuation, space once after commas, colons and semicolons within sentences and space twice after punctuation marks that end sentences.
- Text Alignment and Indentation. The Document should be justified.i.e text is spaced so that the left and right sides of the text block both have a straight edge. Single indentation wherever thought appropriate.
- Active Voice. we would prefer if you wrote in an active voice. An example of this would be, instead of writing “according to the study,” it should be “according to our study.” This way, papers are made to be as active as possible.
- Order of Pages. (APPLICABLE ONLY FOR RESEARCH PAPERS) The order of pages should follow this format:Title Page > Abstract > Body > References > Appendices > Footnotes > Tables > Figures
For ease and clarity we would request all contributors to adhere to the following formatting guidelines. These guidelines are not mandatory and would not be considered as a pre-condition for accepting your work. However we would be highly obliged if you did follow these guidelines.
Now click link below to go to submission page to submit your article.