About the Fellowship Program
In recent years, leadership training and public policy have gained momentum on the grounds of their importance for the youth. This course is designed to impart the right kind of theoretical as well as practical knowledge to develop leadership skills and a set of qualities required for governance and policymaking. The sole motto of Yogya is to uncover the true meaning of participatory democracy to increase young participation in the public sphere. This course provides learners with the tools to become fully informed participants in democracy by inculcating the values of a leader.
Why one should Join?
- Assessing and mapping the landscape of politics
- Developing and maintaining the position of influence in leadership
- Socio-Political awareness
- Enhancing skill-sets for making a career in public policy, politics, voluntary organizations, and allied fields.
- Leadership values and capacities
Module of Fellowship
The module for this course will comprise 3 areas:
Leadership and Management
This section will deal with imbibing the true understanding of leadership, introduction to today’s leadership styles, political organizations and their working, electioneering in India, campaign management, and self-management sessions for future leaders.
Public Policy and Governance
Deep understanding of states and citizens, types of states, administrative and bureaucratic reforms, policy implementations, the constitution of India, electoral system, the evolution of E-governance, and decentralized governance.
Participative Democracy in Action
Learning political concepts, the socio-political discourse of India, international affairs and geopolitics, economy and development, the political history of India, theories of nationalism and democracy.
The theoretical module shall be followed by a groundwork and experience module with opportunities to work in the policy and political domains depending upon the performance of the candidates.
Member of Parliaments, Member of Legislative Assemblies, Political Leaders, Advocates, Social Media strategists will take different and innovative sessions in the fellowship.
Who can Apply?
- Students (Undergraduate, graduate, doctoral) researchers, academicians, and professionals of law, political science, public policy, social science, Journalism, Data Analytics, App Management, and relevant fields.
- Anybody looking to make a career in political leadership and governance.
- Young people interested in learning politics, democracy, and leadership studies
Number of Fellows Required
Duration of Fellowship
- 30 Days young leaders’ fellowship
- The fellowship will start from the month of May 2021
- Certificate after completion of Fellowship
- Recommendation letter
- Chance to work with the core team of Yogya on Delhi MCD Election 2022
22nd April, 2021
- Phone Number: 9810170098
- e-Mail ID: yogyaempoweringsociety[at]gmail.com